Western Towboat Mariner
Mariner a Z-drive, harbor assist tug, was launched by Western Towboat in 2020.
Two – 99kW marine generators with variable displacement hydraulic pumps were custom built for the vessel. These are driven by a SeaDrive Air clutch housed in our SAE 2/11.5 front bell housing mounted to the front of the engine block.
The design, fit and finish of the SeaDrive front Power Take-off (fPTO) kits that were developed for the Mariner reflect several years of continual product development, improvement and collaboration between the Western Towboat port engineers and the MER design team. For decades, Western Towboat built their own fPTO kits for their CAT generators. When they decided to make the switch to BOLLARD, MER was asked to develop new PTO kits that would meet Western’s demanding requirements.
- 2- BOLLARD™ 99kW Tier III Marine Generators
- Engine: John Deere 4045AFM85 1800 RPM, Tier III
- GenDrive: Marathon Mariner
- 2 – custom SeaDrive front power take-off systems
- SCOR – Sea Change Oil Regeneration System