The Bering Star is a 108′ crab boat built at the Marco Shipyard (now MER’s location) in 1978. In 2016 it was time for some upgrades. The vessel needed enough power to drive the new thruster, crab block, salmon pump, crane and electrical power for a pair of 50-ton RSW systems.
MER was brought on board to address the anticipated challenges and a custom 245kW BOLLARD Marine Generator was custom built for the job.
Read the complete story here.
- 245kW BOLLARD Marine Generator
- U.S. EPA Marine Tier 3
- BOLLARD Genset powered by John Deere 6090SFM85 Diesel Marine Engine
- GenDrive: Marathon Mariner
- SeaDrive Power Take-Off
- SCOR – Sea Change Oil Regeneration System
- SuperFlex 6″, 321 stainless steel, 5 ply exhaust bellows