FEATURES AND BENEFITS
- Water cooled Turbocharger and Exhaust Manifold for a Cooler and quieter environment for vessel and crew. Also provides reduced external connections eliminate hoses and fittings that can leak or break.
- Replaceable wet cylinder liners are hardened for long life. Replaceable liners improve heat dissipation into the coolant.
- The 4045TFM design lends itself to in-frame rebuilding at the end of its service life. MER sells engine repair kits that include cylinder kits (with pistons and rings loaded), gaskets, rod and main bearings, and new connecting rod bolts. With a rebuild kit from MER, a spare cylinder head, and a water pump, the engine can be easily rebuilt “in-frame” in 8 hours. This prevents the expense of cutting holes in the boat to remove and replace the engine at rebuild time.
- All 4 cylinder Deeres have internal gear-driven balance shafts that ensure smooth, quiet operation for machinery longevity and crew comfort. Smooth running equipment lasts longer.
- Corrosion resistant components help hold engine paint better and provide engine corrosion protection from the effects of salt air and splashing bilge water. The finish on MER equipment protects equipment from corrosion that would cause replacement at rebuild time.
- High torque @ low speed enables the engine to turn larger propellers at a lower speed for best efficiency. Lower-rated rpm limits vibration and noise for better crew comfort, and save fuel.
- Fuel System is an electronically controlled rotary fuel injection pump with variable timing resulting in excellent fuel economy and excellent performance. The system includes an electronic instrument panel with plain text messages. Your engine will tell you what is wrong, and what needs to be serviced.