PTOs, PTOs and more PTOs! We’ve been busy this past year working on new power take off options. We have added a lot of new solutions to our bag of tricks:
- Crash pump or emergency fire pump kits for the JD6135 and 6068 and the Cummins QSC8.3 and QSL9.
- Dual alternator kits for the JD 6068. Handy for boats that need 12 and 24 VDC power, or just have large DC loads.
- New drive line, crank pulley and SeaDrive clutched PTO options for the Cummins 6BTA, 6CTA, QSB5.9, QSB6.7, QSC8.3 and the QSL9 liter engines.
- A clutched fPTO kit for the CAT C18, available in clutch sizes from 1000-2000 lb. ft.
- New SAE D live PTO kit for the John Deere 4045.
- New micro-V pulley kits in 8 & 10” diameters. These are universally adaptable to any of the JD and Cummins engines. These pulleys have the same belt-groove pattern as the Deere and Cummins engines and can be a convenient alternative to A and B groove pulley kits. Micro-V belts tend to last longer, can carry more power, and are easier to route and tension.
We’re especially proud of the newly redesigned PTO kits for the Cummins engines. We started with a blank sheet of paper and completely redesigned the drive. Gone are the old VKE coupling and spline connections. They have been replaced with a zero backlash, 0-maintenance drive coupling. No more spline greasing is required. The new coupling is rated for 2x the torque as before. It also has only ½ the stiffness, for softer clutch engagement to protect driven components and reduce shock loads on the crankshaft. Snapped a PTO driveline lately? This is the fix.
If you don’t see what you need, on the website give us a shout. We can probably build it for you. As a Master Distributor for Pitts, our clutch and PTO pricing is as good as it gets. Just about all of our new kits are customer driven. If there’s a kit you need, we will do everything we can to build it. Customer support and continual improvement are our mantras here at MER.