Join the MER Team!
We are hiring a Marine Engine & Generator Service Technician
August 31, 2021
Join a dynamic, fun, dedicated team!
Founded in 1964 in the aftermath of Alaska’s largest earthquake, MER Equipment Inc. (then Marine Engine Repair) was established to repair the damaged fleet and get them back on the water. From new construction to repowers and repairs, MER continues to work with the maritime industry to keep vessels on the water and running efficiently. In 2015, we were invited by John Deere to become an Original Equipment Manufacturer (OEM) to develop our BOLLARD™ line of marine generators. We are continually designing new products to add to the BOLLARD line.
Our process is to start with the most reliable engines, generators, and power transmission components and design and build them into custom packages tailored to the commercial marine fleet. We focus on fuel efficiency, ease of maintenance, longevity, versatility and protection devices. We incorporate proven products for fuel efficiency, sound reduction, reduced emissions, and design for ease of installation and serviceability. All with the goal of minimizing the cost of ownership for our customers.
MER Equipment is currently recruiting for a full-time Service Technician. The ideal candidate will have experience working within the marine industry and possess specific knowledge of diesel engine and generator repair. The Service Technician will provide service calls to MER customers and work with management to sell and promote the total menu of MER products and services. This position will work at project site areas that may not be climate controlled and subject to heat, humidity or cold.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
• Respond to service calls and emails to ensure that the service requirements of our customers are met in a timely manner.
• Work with the Product Support Manager to ensure that all work performed is done within the designated time frame and specifications.
• Make recommendations to customers on other work that may be beneficial for their vessel or work that will be needed soon.
• Ensure that personal industry knowledge is current to the needs of the company.
• Be responsible for proper disposal of waste products and leave job sites in clean and acceptable condition.
• Gain approval from customers for any additional service work or repairs that may be performed.
• Perform all work to the highest quality standards while meeting each customer’s satisfaction.
High school diploma/G.E.D.
Technical training in diesel engines is preferred.
Minimum 2 years of experience in marine diesel engine and generator repair.
MER Equipment is a custom fabrication, and small production facility. Everything is essentially project oriented. You will be joining a team of salesmen, engineers, designers, fabricators, and techs to help plan/build/assemble/test custom equipment.
This is a dynamic, fun place to work, so you must have a sense of humor and be able to play well with others.
This is a full-time, hourly position, with opportunities for overtime and career advancement.
Benefits include company paid medical, dental and vision.
Please send resume with relevant experience/talents/skills to Moises@merequipment.com