Join the MER Team!
Founded in 1964 in the aftermath of Alaska’s largest earthquake, MER Equipment Inc. (then Marine Engine Repair) was established to repair the damaged fleet and get them back on the water. From new construction to repowers and repairs, MER continues to work with the maritime industry to keep vessels on the water and running efficiently. In 2015, we were invited by John Deere to become an Original Equipment Manufacturer (OEM) to develop our BOLLARD™ line of marine generators. We are continually designing new products to add to the BOLLARD line.
Our process is to start with the most reliable engines, generators, and power transmission components and design and build them into custom packages tailored to the commercial marine fleet. We focus on fuel efficiency, ease of maintenance, longevity, versatility and protection devices. We incorporate proven products for fuel efficiency, sound reduction, reduced emissions, and design for ease of installation and serviceability. All with the goal of minimizing the cost of ownership for our customers.
Mechanical Engineer with SolidWorks CAD Experience
MER is a family-owned and operated business with almost 60 years of experience.
We are very proud of the reputation for excellence that we have earned here in the
Seattle area and the maritime industry itself. Since 1964, MER Equipment has been
specializing in the custom building of marine & industrial generators, power
distribution systems, and hydraulic power units. We are also working to develop the
next generation of hybrid power solutions and emissions abatement technology.
Our experienced staff is comprised of fishermen, vessel owners, marine engineers,
designers and fabricators.
Job Description: We are seeking an experienced Mechanical Engineer with a strong
background in SolidWorks CAD software. The ideal candidate will have a solid
understanding of mechanical design principles, be able to take projects from
conception to production, and have a track record of delivering high-quality work.
• Design mechanical systems, components, and assemblies using SolidWorks
• Collaborate with cross-functional teams to develop and implement design
• Conduct engineering calculations and simulations to validate designs.
• Prepare detailed engineering drawings and specifications for manufacturing.
• Conduct testing and analysis of prototypes and final products.
• Ensure designs meet customer requirements, regulatory standards, and
• Participate in continuous improvement efforts to streamline processes and
• Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical Engineering or related field.
• Minimum of 3-5 years of experience in mechanical design.
• Proficiency in SolidWorks CAD software.
• Experience in design for manufacturing, assembly, and testing.
• Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
• Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
• FEA experience
• Familiarity with PDM software
• Basic understanding of operating principles of internal combustion engines
• Familiarity with marine engine subsystems
• Fundamental understanding of AC and DC wiring
• Knowledge of various machining operations and GD&T
We offer a competitive salary and benefits package, as well as opportunities for
professional growth and advancement. If you have a passion for mechanical
engineering and a strong background in SolidWorks CAD, we would love to hear from
Please send a resume with relevant experience/talents/skills to email@example.com